From photos, my portraits are painted either traditionally using acrylic paint on either canvas or wood OR digitally using colored inks as well as traditional acrylic/medium. My goal is to capture the likeness and character of every subject. Each portrait is archival quality, arrives ready to hang, and is hand signed by myself. On average I can produce two portraits per week. Placing a deposit puts you in the queue. The turnaround time is usually around four weeks; however, this fluctuates during peak holiday seasons and I encourage planning early.
There are similarities as well as differences across the two mediums.
Traditional Acrylic Painted Portrait on Portrait Smooth Mounted Canvas
- Available in a variety of standard as well as custom sizes on canvas panel or cradled wood panel. Cradled wood panels are usually 7/8”, up to 2” depending on panel/portrait size.
- Optional upgrades would include a “float frame”.
- Sides are left “natural”, OR painted either black or in a complementary color.
- I use many many layers to achieve depth of color on a smooth canvas.
- My hand painted portraits are more “painterly”.
- Traditionally painted portraits are “ONE OF A KIND”.
- Optional Upgrades include a float frame.
Digitally Painted Portrait on Canvas or Wood
- Available in a variety of standard as well as custom sizes on mounted canvas.
- Available on canvas with ¾” wrap or larger “gallery” wrap OR canvas mounted on board and framed. Optional upgrades would include a “float frame”.
- With the exception of the texture of either the canvas or wood, digitally painted portraits arrive smoother, so I add texture (hand finishing) with acrylic paint/medium.
- Because I use my own “digital” brushes, digitally painted portraits are very painterly with highly detailed areas.
- Digitally painted portraits are unique in that they can be purchased in units more than one. This is ideal when a commissioned portrait is intended as a gift for two sets of grandparents (as an example). There would be a discount on the 2nd, identical portrait.
Note for Digital Portraits
I do not “use photo filters” to create a portrait effect. I use professional software and have designed my own brushes for this process. This can be seen in the individual brush strokes and textures applied to all my portraits.
PORTRAIT SIZES & PRICES:
PRICED FROM $280, painted portraits are available in sizes beginning at 8” X 8” square up to 24” X 30”, with many sizes and configurations in between. I can also accommodate and quote for custom sizes. Additional subjects as well as complex backgrounds are extra.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to see samples of my work.